It’s important during the current COVID-19 outbreak that we all work together to ensure that every single track and participant adheres to the new protocols for racing.
We miss having all of our patrons on course but for now we have to focus on health and safety to keep the industry going while we are still permitted to do so.
Thank you to each and every one of you for your patience and understanding.
We will get through this together!
RACEDAY PROTOCOLS AS AT 30 MARCH:
• Expanded kennelling times prior to first race,
• Vetting Greyhounds in outdoor areas (where possible).
• Removal of parading in front of the pavilion prior to race.
• Minimum distance of 3 metres when walking greyhounds to the starting boxes;
• All greyhounds boxed individually from 1 to 8.
• Handlers leave starting area as soon as they loaded their greyhound.
• Races and trials closed to public, owners, non-essential personnel and wagering operators.
• Children not allowed at all tracks.
• All participants dressed in accordance with dress code.
• Limited media attendance.
• Non-racing activities at clubs cancelled.
• Use of bibs ceased.
• Starters fees paid electronically.
• Bar and kitchen/bistro facilities closed.
• Patron areas and function rooms open for those allowed to attend race meetings however room capacity regulations for social distancing must be adhered to.
• Restrictions placed on number of people in each room in operation on race day as per the room measurements to adhere to the social distancing guidelines – room capacity numbers will be displayed and managed accordingly.
• Race day trials will be limited to two dogs maximum per trial. • No cash transactions on course – all payments for trials to be either online or by card.
• GRV Office closed to visitors, Staff working remotely where possible